From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement and Automation Explorer ( 2 PC's via crossover)

Hello All,

I've got a problem. I connected two PC's via crossover and set up the VisaServer at the Master and configured the client at the Slave.

If the PC's are only connected via Crossover everything works fine and I can see the Masters peripherals and communicate with them.

If I now plug in the LAN-Cable and connect to the company's network too, there is a yellow exclamation Mark at the network devices in the Automation Explorer.

If I disconnect the company network and only connect the crossover everything is fine again.

I hope you can help me ... Would be great.

Thanks,

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,414 Views)

Do you use DHCP at your company's network? Are both PC's in the same subnet? Which OS do you use for both PC's? Do you use the latest version of MAX?

Cheers,

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,385 Views)

DHCP is deactivated.(IPs are static) ... Yes they are in the same subnet. The OS is XP Professional. We use the MAX Version 4.6.1 and the Server version 4.6.2. Is this the latest version?

My Problem is that everything works fine ... but when I plug in the network cable to the second network adapter (Company network) I suddenly lose connection ... I can see the other PC at my Network Computers in the MAX but can't communicate with it`s peripherals. (Or sometimes there is a yellow exclamation mark).

Thank you for your help!

Greetings, Paddy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,383 Views)

You wrote:

"... but when I plug in the network cable to the second network adapter (Company network) I suddenly lose connection ..." is that right? You use two network adapter in your PC?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,369 Views)

Yes that's right ... We have a PC with more than one network adapter ( altogether we have got 3 adapters in each PC ).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,367 Views)

Maybe you use the wrong network adaptar for your application. You can change it in MAX under devicces and interfaces. I have added a screenshot from my MAX but it's in german. Try this out.

Cheers,

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,360 Views)

Sorry i've forgotten the screenshot. Here it is...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,359 Views)

Danke 😉 ich werds versuchen 😉

Und wir mühen uns mit englich ab 😄

Danke schonmal ... ich meld mich später wenn ichs versucht habe.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,351 Views)

Okay das Problem ist gelöst.

Man muss bei Windows unter "Netzwerkverbindungen" -> "Erweitert" -> "Erweiterte Einstellungen" die Priorität der Karte über die man gehen will ganz nach oben setzen.

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.

Gruß Paddy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,331 Views)

OK. Super das es geklappt hat 🙂

Bis dann

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,328 Views)