Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 68 to 50 pin converter?

I have a new digital IO card (6533 or DIO-32HS) with a 68 - pin connector and I need to interface this new card with an older test system that has a 50 -pin header. The manual gives a conversion diagram for the two connectors, but is there one canned that i could just purchase? Or do I have to make up custom cables?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
I recently bought the NI cable adapter from 68f to 50m for E-series device (code 183139-01).
If I'm not wrong, for DIO-32HS there is a different converter with diffeent pin assignments: you have to check directly with NI persons, but I assume it's still possible to obtain it even if it's not in the catalogue.


Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
If I have helped you, why not giving me a kudos?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Yes, there is a cable that converts the 68 to 50 pin. In the page 488 of the NI 2002 catalog you can find the cable R6850-D1 that is designed for this purpose.
I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
How about a 50 to 96 pin converter to connect an AT-MIO-64E-3 to a SXCI-1000 box?  Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Let's continue this in your other forum, here.
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
Message 5 of 5