Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing with RMX-4101 power supply via USB

Hello,

We are having trouble being able to send commands to an RMX-4101 power supply. It's connected to the PC via USB, and I have installed the latest version of the G (LabView) drivers here https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.rmx-410x-power-supply-driver.html#382063. Attached is a screenshot of the error message when trying to send it an *IDN? command in Keysight Interactive IO. I'm not sure what the underlying issue is.

Error:

! VI_ERROR_TMO: A timeout occurred

Visa ErrorCode 0xBFFF0015 (-1073807339)

! Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(783 Views)

Have you configured the interface of the power supply to be USB?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(747 Views)

Yes, the unit was originally in LAN mode I switched it to USB and verified the Baud rate, unit is set to 57.6. Keysight and NI software detect this and display differences. Baud rate in both the unit and software were changed to 9600 and had no effect on the situation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(726 Views)