Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface 25 pin and 15 pin connectors to labview

I have one 25-pin type D RS-232 port and three 15-pin type D connectors that I want to interface to labview. (Total of 4 devices).

Can I use the PCI model 8430 board to read these devices? I think this board takes 9-pin inputs, and since my devices are 25 and 15 pin, I was wondering if an adapter can be used to plug them all in, or if I'll need to get a different interface solution?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,796 Views)

@Dr.Daryl wrote:

I have one 25-pin type D RS-232 port and three 15-pin type D connectors that I want to interface to labview. (Total of 4 devices).

Can I use the PCI model 8430 board to read these devices? I think this board takes 9-pin inputs, and since my devices are 25 and 15 pin, I was wondering if an adapter can be used to plug them all in, or if I'll need to get a different interface solution?

Thanks in advance

Yes you can talk to any RS-232 instrument.  RS-232 is frequently found in RJ-45, 9pin D, 15 pin D, 25 pin D and 26 pin D connectors but they all have the same signals!  Just build or buy a cable that connects the right pins on either end.  Here is a good referance for STANDARD pin-outs.  (Since the RS in RS-232 means Recomended Standard- allways look at the device manuals)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(3,785 Views)

Hi Jeff

Oh We always said  Regularly Soldering pin 2-> 3->2

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 3 of 3
(3,777 Views)