From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP4396B Save Display Screen and Transfer File to PC

Hi,

I am student research assistant using an existing Labview driver for my HP 4396B analyzer.  It is capability of performing a Sweep, capturing the data, then transferring it to a *.txt file.  My next task is capturing a screen shot of the analyzer screen in TIFF format then transferring it to my PC.  There is a iBASIC code given by the Agilent-HP Programming guide as shown in the attachment.  My problem comes from using this code's logic and creating a labview application from it.  Currently using a  built in function command SAVDTIF 'C:\TEMP.TIF' to capture the screen image onto the analyzer.  I have been unsuccessful in executing the correct order of steps to transfer the binary data from the analyzer file to a new file in labview.  

If anyone could walk me through this and give me other resources to understand instrument programming, that'd be amazing.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,071 Views)

Hi

Using a simple LabVIEW XY graph is much easier to build a nice graph from the datapoints than downloading a bad display picture.

It is probably easier to make a picture with your phone from the screen as illustration.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,067 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,968 Views)

Can you send to me the drivers of this VNA, if you have??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,354 Views)