Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Hameg 1008-2 oscilloscope via TCPIP

Hi,

I'm new with LabView and I try to communicate with a Hameg 1008-2 oscilloscope. I installed the osci in the Measurement & Automation Explorer with device type "TCP/IP Raw Socket". If I start the VISA Test Panel for the instrument I can communicate with the osci. For example if I write the *IDN? command I get the instrument name, version and so on. Now I tried to create a VI with the same configuration but in VISA read I don't get an answer but the error message 0xBFFF0015 (connection time out). Additional I tried to create the VI directly with TCPIP Protocol and tried same other configurations for TCP/IP RAW with the some results.

For more details see the attached VI.

I'm thankful for any help

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,290 Views)

Hello  MichaelWetzel,

in your case I assume you should have time delay between your write and read VIs.

Please have a look at the following example:

Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

Your VI:

23782i9A9631DB43879557

Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

23784iF377E585F302141E

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,209 Views)

Hi Michael,

Did your program worked finally? I am having same problem, could you share your file ?

Thanks

sumit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,517 Views)

hi, we are trying to communicate hameg hm1008-2 oscilloscope with labview using USB. but we still can't get any signals please any help or advices 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,373 Views)
This is an old thread and since USB is not the same thing as Ethernet, unrelated to your problem. Please start a new thread with details. It's important to know the type of USB connection. It can either be USBTMC or RS232. How is it listed In MAX? Can you communicate at all with the *IDN? query?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,368 Views)