From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent PNA E8364B

Dear all,

I like to use Labview to control my Agilent PNA E8364B to save the waveform (at various measurement points).

A local Labview technical support has given me the example "Labview - GPIB Example.vi", and we managed to establish the connection between Labview and the Agilent device. This is achieved using the *IDN? command and we managed to get back a message. However, I understand that this is a very low level method of communications, where we read/write to the registers.

Separately, a local Agilent technical support provided me with "Example1.vi", but I am a bit unsure if this example provides any "high-level" communication methods. Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,484 Views)

I can understand Agilent being clueless but anyone from NI should have skipped that example and simply told you to download the driver by going to the LabVIEW menu Tools>Instrumentation>Find Instrument Drivers. What a driver is and how to use one can be found at the Instrument Driver Network

Message 2 of 3
(3,476 Views)

We have a LabVIEW driver available for that model

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,473 Views)