From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install LabView on Raspberry PI 3 B+

Hello everyone,

I am using a Windows 10 laptop and LabVIEW pro 2020 Sp1 to connect to a Raspberry PI 3 B+ (Raspbian OS 64bit) with LINX. I've managed to connect to the Target, but when i try to install Labview, i always get the following message: " Installation failed.  If this is the first time the installation has failed try again.  If this error persists search, then post on the LabVIEW MakerHub forumsat labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx. Target configuration updated.". 

I've tried the manual install process below but it didnt' work as well.

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://feeds.labviewmakerhub.com/debian/ binary/" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y --force-yes lvrt-schroot

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,689 Views)

Please attach the logs from both the install through the LabVIEW application and when you manually try to install it.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,681 Views)

Hi David,

I've attached the log file from the labview application.

for the manual install process, i've replaced the first command with :

echo "deb [trusted=yes] http://feeds.labviewmakerhub.com/debian/ binary/" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

And here is the result

Mimilem_0-1648213580563.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,670 Views)

I'm having a little trouble parsing the log due to not being a French speaker, but it appears that labview is installed on the target but is missing the required python dependency. I'm not sure how  LV could have installed without the python dependency.  You could try installing the python dependency with 'apt install python', and then install (or just configure) the lvrt20-schroot package again.  Or you could uninstall lvrt20-schroot and try to install it again.

Note that if you are manually installing the correct package to install is 'lvrt20-schroot' not 'lvrt-schroot'.

One other thing, I think you mentioned above that you were running a 64-bit Raspbian image.  I think LV may not work yet with the 64-bit image so you might need to switch to 32-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,508 Views)