From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry Pi Display options??

Solved!
Go to solution

I added the 7 inch touchscreen display to my Raspberry Pi 4B w 8GB and a 32 GB storage card, has plenty of memory.

No I wish to display my Front Panel on the Pi in the VI settings I enabled the Front Panel view, and restarted many times.

Thoughts or suggestions?  

My goal is to make this a standalone VI running device.

Chad Peddy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad_Peddy

The embedded version of the LabVIEW runtime that is installed on a Raspberry Pi (and Beaglebone Black and most of NI's realtime targets with the exception of a few high end Intel x86 systems) does not support displaying the frontpanel on a local display. There is no magic ini file setting to enable this, as the functionality to display a front panel is simply not present. The only way such a target supports a front panel display is during debugging, with the front panel executing on your development machine and communicating with the VI on the target over the network.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,292 Views)

I'm looking to do this with my current setup. Do you have a link to a tutorial or any steps to accomplish this? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Well!

- What is your current setup?

- What do you want to do?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,756 Views)