Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry PI Web Services

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a raspberry pi 4 with labview 2020 community edition and I am having problems trying to get web services running on the pi.

I am running the latest version of the 32bit raspberry pi OS (2020-05-27 with desktop) and using the LINX target configuration wizard I was able to install version 20.0.0-4

I am able to get labview code running on the pi with no issues and using the LINX toolkit I am able to read and write IO pins. In the project I am able to add a web service and then method vis to the web resources. When I right click on the web service and then on Start (Debug Server) the deployment progress completes with no errors, however when I right click on a method and select Show Method URL…. I get a popup that should show the url but it has warning with Unable to detect a running Web Server.

I tried accessing the configuration using 127.0.0.1:3580 on the pi desktop using the web browser but that returns a 404 error. Is there something I am missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,499 Views)

@Mike1979 wrote:

I have a raspberry pi 4 with labview 2020 community edition and I am having problems trying to get web services running on the pi.

I am running the latest version of the 32bit raspberry pi OS (2020-05-27 with desktop) and using the LINX target configuration wizard I was able to install version 20.0.0-4

I am able to get labview code running on the pi with no issues and using the LINX toolkit I am able to read and write IO pins. In the project I am able to add a web service and then method vis to the web resources. When I right click on the web service and then on Start (Debug Server) the deployment progress completes with no errors, however when I right click on a method and select Show Method URL…. I get a popup that should show the url but it has warning with Unable to detect a running Web Server.

I tried accessing the configuration using 127.0.0.1:3580 on the pi desktop using the web browser but that returns a 404 error. Is there something I am missing?

after start web service, try this 127.0.0.1:3580/[your web service name]/index.html

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,417 Views)

When I try "127.0.0.1:3580/[your web service name]/index.html" on the pi I get a 404 error

I found though that if I compile and deploy the application with the web service built in I am able to access the web functions ok. This suggests to me that the pi works fine with web services that are baked into an application but there is no way to individually deploy the web service without the application which makes debug a little bit of a pain but at least it works

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,412 Views)

@Mike1979 wrote:

When I try "127.0.0.1:3580/[your web service name]/index.html" on the pi I get a 404 error

I found though that if I compile and deploy the application with the web service built in I am able to access the web functions ok. This suggests to me that the pi works fine with web services that are baked into an application but there is no way to individually deploy the web service without the application which makes debug a little bit of a pain but at least it works

web service on pi only working in debug mode(the right click start/stop) and build real-time application(your case), not working on "application web server > publish".

debug mode, access via 127.0.0.1:8001/[your web service name]/

real-time application, access via 127.0.0.1:3580/[your web service name]/

just different between the IP Port.

the IP Port for debug mode, please refer to Tools > options.. > web server.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,409 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mike1979

In a related thread about this topic someone from NI agreed that there is a bug in the current LabVIEW Debian image that gets installed on these devices (Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone Black) that prevents standalone web services to work. Probably something with the NI web server not getting installed correctly. It’s on their radar and should get fixed with the next update for that Debian based image . As it is not tied to a specific LabVIEW version release it is not expected to have to wait until the next LabVIEW update (2021) but it is also not scheduled yet for a specific time.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,399 Views)

Thanks Rolf. Good to know that NI are aware and I am not going crazy!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,393 Views)

Hi, Can you please help how to connect Raspberry pi 4 with LabVIEW 2020 community edition, i tried many times with linx but invain.

I got strucked in middle of my work to proceed with these steps, Your help means a lot to me

Thanks,

Nagendra

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,349 Views)

Hello
Do you have LabView community editions installed on a Raspberry Pi 4?
Do you have any links to learn how to install Labview on the Rasberry Pi 4?
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,191 Views)

I am a professor who teaches Labview at a Korean university. I am planning to conduct classes using open hardware rasberry pi 3 and LINX. After installing LINX in Labview2020, when using Rasberry Pi, a message stating that only Labview2014 is supported, so we can't proceed anymore, so please contact us. Do you know anything about this bug in Labview 2020? If yes, when will Rasberry available software be available?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,149 Views)

Hello 홍교수
If you have LabView 2020 Community Editions in your home, you should not install LINX, as LabView has it included.
If you are going to teach with Labview 2020 you must have the corresponding license that includes LINX.
Regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,137 Views)