Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Connecting to Internal Arduino on LattePanda Delta

I am trying to connect to the internal Arduino Leonardo on a LattePanda Delta board. The Arduino is on COM4 as shown in Device Manager.

Leonardo 1.PNG

 I can also see the Arduino board info.

Leonardo 2.PNG

In NI MAX the Arduino is showing up on COM 4 (ASRL4)

Leonardo 3.PNG

 When I use the Firmware Wizard I get a message that it is complete, But when I view the Log I see that it could not open device.

Leonardo 6.PNG

 I looked at similar problems and updated the Packet Number.vi but I don't think it is going to work until I get the firmware installed.

Is there any way to confirm that the firmware was installed?

Are there alternatives? Like using VISA communications? 

I only need to toggle four digital outputs lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,543 Views)

i never used an onboard arduino with Linx. Are you running windows in the lattepanda? perhaps something in OS might be blocking direct access. you may need to investigate. also i am not sure if LabVIEW 64 bits allow using LINX, but you need to try.

if you need a faster solution, then VISA is your friend. you can read and write data from/to arduino using a conventional sketch (not LINX firmware in exemple)

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,504 Views)

Just replying to see if you found a workaround to this issue. I'm currently experiencing the same thing using LabVIEW 2023 and a LattePanda 3 Delta. I'm able to write to the pins through the Arduino IDE, but I can't seem to upload the LINX firmware through the firmware wizard as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,046 Views)

I was not able to load the Linx firmware. I found a workaround by writing arduino code to respond to serial input. LabVIEW code to send serial data. LabVIEW sends 'A', arduino sets D2 if 'A' is received.

@joel_mendez wrote:

Just replying to see if you found a workaround to this issue. I'm currently experiencing the same thing using LabVIEW 2023 and a LattePanda 3 Delta. I'm able to write to the pins through the Arduino IDE, but I can't seem to upload the LINX firmware through the firmware wizard as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,024 Views)

I don't know if this is still relevant to you, but I figured I'd post it in case anybody else runs into a similar issue. It seems like a similar workaround to what you did. 

I used the Build with Arduino IDE option (fig1). I specified the LINX and Arduino path (fig2) and then hit "Generate" which populated a LINX subfolder in the Arduino libraries folder. 

The populated LINX folder contains multiple sketches under "examples". I opened and uploaded the Arduino_Leonardo_Serial.ino file through the Arduino IDE. NI Community doesn't seem to allow uploading .ino files, but here's an example path for the file: 

C:\Users\LattePanda\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LINX\examples\Arduino_Leonardo_Serial

I was able to toggle the pins through the LINX LabVIEW examples once this sketch was uploaded. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,991 Views)

3824a4751fc41b52087950e5f8a9bb3.png  

I'll follow what you said.

But the LV2021 pop-up prompt is shown in the above image.

My arduino IDE Version is 2.0.4.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,768 Views)

This is my “.ino” file. I failed  in  uploading.

Matthew_Liu00_0-1680913508408.png

Matthew_Liu00_1-1680913530327.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,765 Views)

I followed the steps detailed here: https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:misc:porting_device

However, I didn't bother creating new files and just overwrote the files corresponding to the Arduino_Leonardo_Serial.ino file to correct for the number of pins on my LattePanda. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,674 Views)