Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple COM Ports Connection

Greetings,

I am trying to set up more than 2 sensors in LabVIEW LINX via Arduino to collect data. Currently, I am only able to connect 1 COM port per time. If I want to read output from another device, then I need to reset the LINX firmware wizard and select a specific COM port belonged to that device (with that, it disconnects a currrent device). In case I would like to set up multiple Arduino devices by connecting multiple COM ports to LabVIEW, can this be possible to LINX LabVIEW without using NI-DAQ? I would very much appreciate to receiving your helps about this connection. I tried to select multiple COM ports in the firmware wizard, but there was only one option.

Thanks in advance.

Tommy 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,237 Views)

Have you checked out this post about connecting to 2 Arduinos, https://forums.ni.com/t5/Hobbyist-Toolkit/Two-Arduino-control-with-same-Vi/m-p/4110566.  They were not using COM ports but it should be the same concept.  From what they were doing, my understanding is that you do not connect to them through the firmware wizard but through a VI itself.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,202 Views)

Hello DavidWilt,

Thank you for your help! I was able to connect by following the previous post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,155 Views)