Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Labview run-time on rpi2 without internet connection

All,

I'm just getting started with LINX. I have Labview 2021 32 bit installed with LINX/Hobbyist. I went to Target Configuration, typed in the IP+username+password. Connection was successful. Then I went to Installation, saw that Installed Version, and Available Version were blank. I clicked Upgrade button and it says that I need internet connection on the pi (rpi2). My work environment makes it very difficult to have an internet connection on the pi. Is there a way to install the runtime without internet? I do have internet on the host (separate ethernet/network). I apologize if this is a repeat question. If it is, please kindly refer me to the related post. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,448 Views)

Hi pudgy,

Right now there isn't an easy way to do an install to your Raspberry Pi without an internet connection.  We're definitely aware that this requirement makes setting up a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black way more difficult.

I've been working on a solution to make setting up a Raspberry Pi with LabVIEW much easier (and won't require an internet connection).  I don't have an ETA for you, but I'm hoping to have it ready soon.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,381 Views)

Thank you for the information!

Jae

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,369 Views)

I just posted information on that new installation method which may help you out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,198 Views)

Hello Ken_S,

Thank you for the follow up. I will try this when I need to configure another Raspberry Pi. What I had to do for now was to pack my setup, drive it over to a location with Wi-Fi access, install a USB Wi-Fi adapter on the Pi, then proceed with the install steps. Using an OS image with LabVIEW support already installed sounds like a good option. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,191 Views)