Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5005 when trying to access SPI pins as GPIO pins

Hello Hobbyist Toolkit community,

I have a Raspberry Pi 2B connected to my host machine through LINX. Connection is fine. I can toggle standard GPIO pins without any issues. However, when I try to toggle special GPIO pins, i.e. GPIO 9, 10, 11 etc., I'm getting Error 5005. I did go to "sudo raspi-config" and disabled SPI there but I'm still getting the same error. Not just SPI but I will need to be able to use most of the special GPIO pins as standard GPIO pins. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(901 Views)

Hey Pudgy! Probably the library wont support it.

for exemple, you cited pin 9, it is DGND, so you wont be able to use. The same for 10, it is UART TX, and cant be used in Hobbyist Toolkit even if you disable serial.
11 i use without any problem.

SPI MOSI MISO CLS and CLS as well I2C you also wont be able to access as a general input output, just as default config.

perhaps i am wrong, lets see if anyone can bring other information.

by the way, check out this information here: https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:libraries:linx:device:raspberry-pi-2-b

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(900 Views)

That was the answer I was afraid of getting. Just for the record, I meant the GPIO9, 10, 11 as examples following the BCM convention so pins 21, 19, 23 on the header. I should have stated that in my description but I'm glad that you actually understood what I was trying to achieve. If there's a way to use those UART and SPI specific pins as just simple digital GPIO pins I can control, that would be fantastic. I already have a custom board that I need to work with that was designed to use those pins as standard GPIO pins. If there is no workaround, I guess the board needs to be redesigned or use ssh connection to call Python scripts. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(881 Views)