Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build .so On RaspberryPi Target

Solved!
Go to solution

I was looking at this article on building in the schroot. I noticed the instructions start with

sudo opkg update

but you'll get an error:

-bash: sudo: command not found

So, you can remove sudo (please update the doc) and keep trying but like in this thread, I see a whole bunch of missing libraries for example:

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory

Is building on the target still supported? Where might I find some of those libraries. FYI I'm using LabVIEW 2020

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nanocyte

As you noticed the 'sudo' in some of the commands is totally unnecessary; that was just a mistake when that article was written.

As far as the other issues, this is happening because there is a mismatch in some of the versions of some low-level packages between the stuff on the target and what is present in the opkg package feeds.

I found that you can still make it work by running these commands after the ones listed in the article you linked:

opkg install –force-depends libc6-dev 
opkg install –force-depends libgcc-s-dev 
opkg install libstdc++-staticdev 

Note that there are two dashes at the beginning of '--force-depends' (it's a little hard to see depending on the font).

Message 2 of 3
(1,897 Views)

hi nanocyte, I have met the same question like you, but the reply doesn't fix my problem, here is my err info:

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtendS.o: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:10: recipe for target 'libadd.so' failed
make: *** [libadd.so] Error 1

could you tell me how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,142 Views)