From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino Portenta H7 Support

Hi all.

Is there support for the Arduino Portenta H7 on Labview or via Linx? (it does not appear on the firmware wizard for makerHub - Linx on Labview).

If not, any suggestions on how I can interface the Portenta on Labview?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,107 Views)

Hey Kulani93, in my point of view, it does not worth The effort to adapt de firmware to portenta. But still can communicate to LabVIEW.

I use several protocols such tcp mqtt serial. What are your needs?

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
Message 2 of 4
(2,076 Views)

I am trying to read 7 Analog Signals in real time at 1KHz, and write for data logging, and well as display the readings in real time.

Manage to put together a VI and Arduino code to do this.

Capture.JPG

The Arduino code basically write to the serial port, the analog readings in a CSV format, then the VISA resource read the serial port and separate the string of analog readings separated by a comma delimiter, into an array, then displays them on a dial gauge.

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Another functionally is writing the serials reading into a text file. Of course I am only new to Labview and this isn't the best solution, it flickers every few readings, setting the reading to zero which because apparent when sampling at higher frequencies.

So at the moment, this solution fades away the higher the sampling rate, making it unreliable, but it took some effort to come up with.

If there is a better way to do this, especially in the LABVIEW VI, please do let me know. As mentioned, the issue is the flickering that seems to occur every few samples (say 40 samples), which is every 40 loops of the while loop - where all the readings including the buffer, get grayed out and the gauge read zero on the connected pins.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,036 Views)

hmm i see a problem here, follow along and tell me if you agree:

you are using serial port with 115200 baud rate, which is 115200 bps
each analog at least get 3 bytes (from 0 to 255) on serial + 6 commas (another 6bytes) 
this gives us 3*8(bits per byte)*7(channels) +6*8(bits per comma byte)

so your serial is trying to send 1000 times per second a packet of 216 bits. it would required a baud rate of at least 216000 and not 115200

try to increase to 250000bps and check if it works. if not, we may discuss a bit more about LV. Of course there is room for improvement, but lets solve the basics.

if possible, remove that index array and conversions, as well the string to array, just to test performance.

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,017 Views)