cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loop/repeat of a test sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

we would like to perform a cycle test(life test) with Flexlogger.
A test squence should be repeated 10000 times and the volume flow and the pressure in a system should be measured. I can program the test sequence via the test specification tab. But how can I repeat the sequence x times? Or is there maybe a trick to solve or work around the problem? I have attached the required test sequence. Thanks in advance for your support.

exsisting Hardware:

cDAQ-9189

NI 9263

NI 9401

NI 9239

NI 9421

NI 9201

Thanks for the support

xarlex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,606 Views)

You can usse the FlexLogger Python APIs to control the execution of FlexLogger test sessions.

Using Python, you will have more granular control than what is exposed in the Test Specification tab.

Here are a couple links that can help you set this up:

Automating FlexLogger Tests Using Python - NI

The Python API is available in open source on github at the following link:

GitHub - ni/niflexlogger-automation-python: The niflexlogger-automation package contains an API (App...

Refer to the readme niflexlogger-automation-python/README.rst at main · ni/niflexlogger-automation-python · GitHub 
for information on how to install it.

Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Christophe Caltagirone

Principal Software Engineer

FlexLogger

Message 2 of 8
(1,592 Views)

Here's another option. I used the FlexLogger Plugin Development Kit (PDK) to create a simple Test Sequencer based on time:

Brad_1-1698167418727.png

And it produces two channels that include the current sequence number and the total number of cycles:

Brad_2-1698167465756.png

With the attached plugin, you can create events that will cause output signals on your NI 9263 to drive lines high/low to open/close your door based on the sequence step:

Brad_3-1698168240797.png

And you can have the test automatically stop when the total cycle count goes above 10,000:

Brad_4-1698168304860.png

Unzip the attached Test Sequencer.zip put it:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\FlexLogger\Plugins\IOPlugins

I also included the source if you want to make changes or see how this was configured. Unzip Test Sequencer Source.zip and put it here:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\LabVIEW Projects\FlexLogger IO Plug-ins (You'll need LabVIEW to view/edit).

Hope this helps,

Brad

Download All
Message 3 of 8
(1,566 Views)

Many, many thanks to Christophe and especially Brad for the support,

I will test both variants and get back to you.

Best regards
xarlex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,540 Views)

Hi Brad,

I have tested the plugin, it does exactly what it is supposed to. Thanks again for the support. Unfortunately. I only have LabView up to version 2016, I can't open the source code. Labview 2016 is unfortunately not compatible with the FlexLogger Development Kit. Therefore I wanted to ask if it would be possible that you could create the Test Sequencer also with maybe 20 sequences for me. With this I could run most of my applications. Unfortunately, I can not create the plugin myself in LabView 2016, so I would be very grateful for your support.

Best regards

xarlex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zarlex

Here's an updated plugin that lets you specify the number of steps in your sequence.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 6 of 8
(1,508 Views)

Hi Brad,

thank you very much for your support. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very, very much.

Best regards
zarlex

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,487 Views)

I've had some people asking for the source with the latest change that has dynamic channel count, so here it is.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(646 Views)