cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

During test, the recording of data stops with below error message (software version Flexlogger 2023 Q1 😞

_  PC has sufficinet space to allow recording

_ there is no repetability in the behaviour (we have not seen a patern with 2 PC same version, timing and size for recording error appereance)

Capture d’écran 2023-02-03 071240.png

The other PC that has Flexlogger 2019 R4 does not have this issue.

Can you please advise me on thos problem.

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,210 Views)

I am sorry you are having this problem. Here are a few questions I'd be interested to learn more about your setup:
- Are you segmenting the file based on file size or time or no segmentation?

- How often does this happen?

- How long does it take for this to happen?

- How much data are you logging (number of channels, rates, etc.)

- Are you using a backup file as well?

- If you copy the FlexLogger 2023Q1 folder from Program Files/National Instruments/FlexLogger to the other machine's desktop and run it there, does it happen on the other machine as well?

If you can send us your project and associated files we can try and reproduce this here.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,194 Views)

Hello Brad,

- Are you segmenting the file based on file size or time or no segmentation?

_segmentation on file size

- How often does this happen?

_ random _ it can be from 1 to more than 5 per day

- How long does it take for this to happen?

_ random it can be at end of day as it can be at the begining with repetion of stop or only 1 occurance

- How much data are you logging (number of channels, rates, etc.)

_ Voltage 100Hz, temp 1Hz _ 5 channels but as we had this on several tests it can happen from 3 to 8 channels 

- Are you using a backup file as well?

_ no back-up 

- If you copy the FlexLogger 2023Q1 folder from Program Files/National Instruments/FlexLogger to the other machine's desktop and run it there, does it happen on the other machine as well?

_ we have not done this, but we have 3 licences on 3 pc  _ 2 of them are 2023Q1 and have this error but it does not happent on the 3rd 

If you can send us your project and associated files we can try and reproduce this here.

_ The file size is to large betwen 20 and 30 Mo in .csv

The difference between the recording with old and new version is that on new version we only record the arithmetical calculated values.

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,183 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimonaPT

Hello Brad,

I have contacted NI and here below the answer :

The issue has ben identified by the system R&D and will have a fix for it in our mid April release. We have identified that this is a race condition that can effect both 2023 Q1 and 2022 Q4 in testing, so we would recommend downgrading to 2022 Q2 if the error happens frequently.

Regards,

Simona

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,100 Views)