FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed signal data acquisition analogue, counters, and PWM

Hello

I have an NI USB 6341 and I want to capture data from multiple types of data simultaneously. These are the signals I want to capture:

Analogue sensors

1. Torque sensor: analogue, -10V to 10V DC, 100Hz
  2. Force sensor: analogue, 0V to 10V DC , 100Hz
  3. Temperature sensor 1: analogue, 0V to 5V DC, 100Hz
  4. Temperature sensor 2: analogue, 0V to 5V DC, 100Hz
  5. Current sensor 1: analogue, 0 to 0.5V DC, 100Hz
  6. Current sensor 2: analogue, 0V to 5V DC, 100Hz
  7. Voltage: Voltage 0-12V DC, 100Hz

Digital counter sensors

1. Linear encoder 1: PWM, duty cycle logging 125ns to 8.1919ms
  2. Linear encoder 2: PWM, duty cycle logging 125ns to 8.1919ms
  3. Rotary encoder: two channel quadrature

Digital signal

1. Digital: high 3.3V, low 0V (I want to use this to automatically start and stop the data recordings)

Looks like the Flexlogger software can almost do what I want, it just doesn’t seem to have the flexibility to read PWM duty cycle values. Does any one know a work around for this? 

Today I have been playing around with the DAQExpress software it look like it has the capabilities to do everything I require, I setup an analogue input task to capture all my analogue sensor signals, counter input tasks to capture the linear encoder and rotary encoder data, and a digital input task to capture my digital signal. However, I can’t see a way to telling the software to start recording these three tasks simultaneously, do I need to create accustom VI to do this, is that possible within the free software DAQExpress software or do I need LabVIEW? I would rather not create any LabVIEW code if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hubert  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(314 Views)