FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help getting networked shared variables on compact fieldpoint to work

I'm still a newbie and am trying to get Networked Shared Variables to pass from a VI running on a PC to a VI running on a Compact Fieldpoint. I created a VI that sends a message via a Networked Shared Variable and a VI that receives it. I have them both in the same project. If I run them both on the PC, it works, I can send a message string from the first VI to the Networked Shared Variable and read it in the second VI. I have the second VI turn the LED "A" on and the LED "B" off if I send the string "a", and turn the LED "B" on and the LED "A" off if I send the string "b", and turn them both off if I send anything else. It works as expected if both the VIs are running on the PC. The second VI also continuously blinks the LED "C" so I can verify that it's running.

I "deployed" the second VI to the Compact Fieldpoint as follows:

In Project I dragged the VI from My Computer (under Project: name.lvproj) down and put it under the Compact Fieldpoint name.

I right clicked on Compact Fieldpoint name and verified it was set to "Connect".

I right clicked on the second VI and selected "Deploy".

I started both VIs with the "Run" arrow. At this point I know second VI is running since the LED "C" keeps blinking.

But, when I try to send an "a" or "b" nothing happens, so the VI on the Compact Fieldpoint must not be receiving the messages in the Networked Shared Variable.

I also right clicked on Compact Fieldpoint name and selected "Disconnect". The second VI continued to run since the LED "C" keeps blinking, but I still can't get messages to pass.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,929 Views)
I got this to work. I moved the library (.lvlib) containing the Networked Shared Variable to down under the Compact Fieldpoint name. Now it works.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,924 Views)
Does anyone know if this will work from within the same project or can I access the Networked Shared Variable from another project as well?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,917 Views)