FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fp 1601 Offline

I got my FP 1601 to show up in MAX. However I can't do anything with it. MAX tells me it is offline. How do I go about getting it back online.
Thanks
Jason Salisbury
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,124 Views)
Jason,
      What are the Power and Status LEDs doing?  What is the IP address in MAX?  Have you ever been able to change the IP address in MAX?  What version of FieldPoint or FieldPoint Explorer are you using?  What is the current status of the DIP switches?

Thanks,

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,112 Views)

I am using Fieldpoint 4.1. The power light is steady on. The status light is off as well as the lights for ABCD. The Link light is on and the Activity light is flashing. The IP address is 192.168.0.1 and I don't think I can change it.

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,109 Views)
Jason,
      What icon is next to the device name under MAX --> Remote Systems?  Could you please attach a screenshot of MAX when you expand the 1601 under remote systems and then left-click on the device name.  Can you successfully ping the IP of the fieldpoint?  Try turning off the power to the controller and removing all modules and just turn the controller back on.

Thanks,

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,100 Views)
I can successfully ping the FP1601. Attached is the screenshot.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,086 Views)
jrsalis,
      Please make sure that all of the DIP switches are in the off position.  Thanks for letting me know that you can ping successfully and also for the MAX screen shot.  Try refreshing MAX (F5) and repairing the Fieldpoint drivers.

-Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,077 Views)
I have fixed my problem. Now I need to figure the next step. I am connecting the FP1601 to a FP AI 110 which in turn is connected to 2 FP 420 RLYs. How do i access the 110 via the 1601?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,057 Views)
Right click on the FP under remote systems in MAX and select "Find Devices", this should display your modules under the 1601.  To see what data it is reading you can go to the Field Point Items in the Data Neighborhood and look at each module.  Click on the start button to start reading data.  For more information on how to configure them go to Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>Field Point>>Field Point Help

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,036 Views)