From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-RLY-425 logic reversed on some relays

Hi,

I have a cFP-RLY-425 module wired into a circuit that is powered by a 24V 3A power supply.  After running the system a few times, the logic on three of the four relays I was using reversed.  Originally, writing a True value to the output line resulted in an open circuit whereas no writing a True value results in a closed circuit.  Has anyone seen this before?  Did I break it?  

The relays are wired in series with a digital I/O board in another part of the building and are being used to send a 4 bit number, if that helps.

Thanks.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,296 Views)

Hi,

Do you see this same type of behavior when you are writing to the different relay channels in MAX?

Thanks

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,277 Views)
No, I only see the reversed logic on three relays out of the 8 on the module.  Five of the 8 are responding normally (ie: false = closed).  The three that reversed still function in that when I write a boolean command to the output channel, the relay will switch states.
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,271 Views)

Hi,

You shouldn't be able to invert the logic on your RLY-425.  If you are seeing  reversed logic when you write to the channels in Measurement and Automation Explore, then you should call in to get it replaired. 866-ASK-MYNI

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,237 Views)