FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-2220 using the internal real-time clock

There is a section in the cFP-2220 user manual that states, "You can also use the interal real-time clock to correct drift of the system clock.  Please contact National Instruments for more information."

The only thing I could find on the web site is using GPS PPS on the cRIO controller 9012/9014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,391 Views)

Hello,

Below is an article that explains how to use the internal real-time clock to correct drift of the system clock. 

Using the Internal Real-Time Clock on cRIO-901x Controllers

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B8B6480AB0F0DFAC4825734400759C62

Best,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,378 Views)

Patricia,

Thanks for the post.  Unfortunately, the article that is posted for a cRIO 901x which has an SMB connector on the front of the controller.  This connector is used to monitor the 1 PPS singnal from a GPS reciever for correcting clock drift.

Does the cFP have this capability as well, and if so, which input do I use?

Thanks for you help.

Joe 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,371 Views)

Hello Joe,

My apologies. I must  have misread your original post. I will need to look further into using the internal real-time clock on the cFP 2220 and follow up with you.

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,356 Views)

OK...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,326 Views)

Hello Joe,

The real time clock is the only available timing source and by default should synchronize  with the system clock on the cFP-2220. Therefore, there are currently no modifications you could make to it to improve it. You can however check through the console output that the RTC is enabled through searching for the following line in the INI file:

Time sync source: rtc now active

Regards,
Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,318 Views)