From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-2000 can't find modules on bank

Hello,
I'm using this cFP-2000 for a while, and now I have another problem:
The cFP-2000 cannot find any module connected to it, when I go to MAX and ask to find devices, all I got is the controller itself.
I already did change the IP, the power supply, format the field point and install old drivers, but nothing changed.

The LED "Ready" on the modules remain off, only the "Power" LED is ON the entire time.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,913 Views)

Hello T._Borges,

These modules was working before? If yes, what change on your system?

Do you have other backplane to test if is not a communication problem on backplane bus?

If you certify all software is installed correctly probably it is a hardware issue.

Regards,

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,875 Views)

Hello,
Abel_Souza, thanks for your reply.
All modules were working before, in fact, I was using it very well until 02-Jan, but after the weekend came the problem.
I don't have a spare backplane, I also thought that it could be it, but I cannot verify.
I had an issue regarding the controller software, to solve this one I had to format the controller and install the oldest driver available.

Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,871 Views)

Please, post your MAX Technical Report here. The following link explain how obtain this report.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,869 Views)

I'm completely sorry, Abel_Souza, but we're in the middle of something big and I could not stop the system for a detailed analisys until now.

It seems that the cFP-2000 can only operate the module on the first position of the bank, any module inserted here works, but when it comes to another slot it won't turn on the "Ready" LED and can't be identified on MAX.

The report is provided in the attachment.

I hope you can help me with that.

Greetings,

Tassio Borges.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,430 Views)

Hello Tassio,

As you mentioned that you can recognize the first module your problem is on backplane, so if you change backplane it can work normally again. If you don´t have another backplane you can contact NI Office to buy a new one.

Best regards,

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,415 Views)