From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read multiple fieldpoint for loop

I have my Field Point hardware addressed in global variables to ease the updatability of my whole project.
During starup i would like to read all the devices to check if they are online and what status they have. So how do i build a for loop to "easily" read all the devices from a cluster. The devices are in the second sub-cluster and i can't figure out how to do it.

Cluster:
All FP-
    Digital In
        Device 1
        Device 2
        Device 3
    Digital Out
        Device 1
        Device 2
        Device 3

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,534 Views)
I found out one solution, but i don't like it. Then i have to make many property nodes and so forth.
Better solution than this thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,528 Views)
It seems like everyone is on their summer vacation when all the forums that i have subscribed to is "on idle". I hope someone would know a good solution to my question.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,461 Views)
Post a sample vi so I know what you are trying to do.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,457 Views)
Here is what i've done. Is there a better solution because i have quite a few of these FP devices. This seems to be working and the subVI that i didn't provide is just fetching the FP names from a global VI that is updated from a settings files.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,444 Views)

Here is a quick shot at a clean way to do this.  Let me know if it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,435 Views)