FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurment Studio 8.6 Network Variable and Compact FieldPoint

Hello,

Looking for Vb.Net 2005 and Measurment Stydio 8.x Example illustrating how to browse multiple cFP items based on Network Variables.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,817 Views)

Hi Kat,

Are you asking if there is a way to find out what cFP items are using certain Network Variables?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,800 Views)

Hi Justin,

Yes , i'd like to browse then select multiple cFP items (TC channels from TC-120 for example ) like reading Datasocket items , the thing is i'd like to use the new Network Variables

technique insted of datasocket but i could't find example illustrating the steps to read cFP items via Network Variables yet !!

Thank's

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,797 Views)

Hi Kat,

I'm more familiar with LabVIEW programming but I'm assuming that what you were using in Measurement Studio is equivalent to DataSocket Select URL.vi in LabVIEW (correct me if I'm wrong).  If this is the case, I'm afraid that there isn't a direct correlation to this with Network Shared Variables.  I think that you would have to first create a shared varible for each TC channel that you want to use and then select from one of those.  But, again, no nice browser window like with the DataSocket Select URL.vi.

I will check around with people who are more proficient in Measurement Studio to see if there is a way.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,763 Views)

Hi Justin

You are correct , browse cFP items like Datasocket ... mean while how we can browse for cRIO items ? does it support Datasocket or Opc ?

Thank's

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,758 Views)

Hi,

I don't think that you will be able to get the pop browser with network variables in Measurement Studio either.  The only example I could find was the project in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\MStudioVS2008\DotNET\Examples\NetworkVariable\Basic\vb.  In this you would have to hard code the shared variable that you want to use.  Also, I found this article that might be interesting to you Migrating to Measurement Studio Network Variable from DataSocke.  

I do have some good news on the cRIO front though, it supports both DataSockets and OPC.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,729 Views)

Hello,

Fine, i thought cRIO channel items could be browsed from VB.Net with Network Variables only , if we can use Opc and Datasocket like cFP that will be great !! can you provide some 

example please.

Thank's

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,727 Views)