FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all, losing connection

Hi all,

Been writing a vi split between a cfp-2020 unit and a tpc-2006 screen.  However, after about 10-15 mins the connection disappears, and both have to be reset to re connect.  I suspect it's something in the 2020's side.

The 2020 vi is written in 7.1.1 and the 2006's in LV8 (name starting with PDA).

Thanks,

Steven
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,412 Views)

Hi

Quick question are you using this in a network configuration or are you linking the tpc 2006 and cFP 2020 direct with crossover cable?

If you are testing this over a network then I would suggest swapping to a crossover cable and see if you get the same behaviour. I would also suggest upgrading or down grading your VIs so that they are all using the same driver versions and LabVIEW versions. Not using the same versions of drivers and software can have allsorts of compatibility issues which can sometimes be nearly impossible to find.

Regards

Tim

Message 2 of 5
(4,344 Views)

Hi Tim, sorry I didn't get back to this thread earlier.  I think the alert to a new post must have got lost somewhere in the interweb's ether 🙂

In answer to your question, I'm using a crossed CAT5 cable to connect the two together.

I am also using Labview 8 (PDA) on the 2006, and 7.1 on the 2020.  However, when using my laptop instead of the 2006, still using LV8 on the laptop and 7.1 on the 2020, I get no disconnection at all.  The connection speed is a steady 100 mbps, as shown by the green LED.

I'm starting to wonder if there is an error with my 2006 unit.

Disconnection still takes place between 10 mins and half an hour, wheter or not a 'button' is pressed on the 2006 screen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,188 Views)
Hi Fios,

Is it possible for you to upgrade your fieldPoint software to LabVIEW RT 8?

Regards,

Seamus
Message 4 of 5
(4,160 Views)
How do you know there is a disconnection? Is it from TCP communication that you start getting timeouts? After you are "disconnected" is it possible to ping the touchscreen PDA? Version mismatch is no problem when you are communicating via TCP, so I think knowing the communication protocol and the nature of the disconnection are important to elaborate on.

Richard

Field Sales Engineer, New Jersey
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,145 Views)