From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Point FP-1000 communication issue - Device found but offline in MAX

Hello,

I am trying to control several field point PLCs in a level tank. They are communicating through a FP-1000 module. I am able to add the devices through a configuration file in MAX. But there is an error saying " The device is offline. Make sure the device is connected and its power is on. " All of the field point PLCs have green light on for both " Power" and "Ready". I am not sure what the issue is here. I am using Labview 2014 and Field Point , VISA drivers are installed. Please see attached pictures for details.

Many Thanks

FLiu

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,106 Views)

My first thought is that you do have device driver issues.  I believe either the latest LabVIEW, or the latest fieldpoint drivers are no longer compatible with the older Fieldpoint modules.

What versions of fieldoint  and VISA are you using?

Message 2 of 5
(6,092 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I installed the most updated version for both ones. It turns out the configuration file for FP-1000 bank points to the wrong COM port for the Serial communication. I am able to communicate with the system now. I do have another problem through. I only have excutable labview files and a configuration file for the control system that I am working with. The original VI project file were lost. After importing the right configuration file in MAX, I installed the excutables and tried to run it. There is no response at all.The labview only last a few seconds and stopped. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,078 Views)

It could be any number of things that are hard-coded into your executable that no longer match the way your system is set up now.  Perhaps a file path that no longer exists.  Or your MAX configuration isn't the right configuration anymore.

I don't know if you are going to be able to do much other than looking harder for the lost VI files, or rewriting them from scratch.

Message 4 of 5
(6,065 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I have couple questions : 

(1) How would you suggest to design the excutables so that one installer can be used on many PCs with different COM ports set up ?

(2) Do I need to install MAX for excutables to run on a machine ? 

Thanks

FLiu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,046 Views)