From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a program to cFP while it is working with out stopping it

Hi,

I would like to deploying a program to cFP while it is working with out stopping it.

Is it possible?

I think there was a link on NI site telling that I can do that, but I can not find it now.

Could you help me.

Vassil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,611 Views)

Dear Vassil,

I suggest you take a look at this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/464F3407A6D48627862570FC0001CD35?OpenDocument

After having the cFP disconnected you are able to work on the VIs and then upload them.

Regards,

Marton Litkei

NI Hungary

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,593 Views)
You want to deploy an application to a cFP Real-Time target while it is currently running another application without stopping the running application?  The Real-Time Operating System was designed to run a single top-level application at a time, and running multiple applications would affect the determinism of execution.  What is your end goal with this application? 
-Hook 'Em
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,568 Views)

My idea is to deploy an application to a cFP Real-Time target while it is currently running another application without stopping the running application.

I think that I received a news letter from NI confirming that I can do that, but unfortunately I have lost that news letter.

Best regards,

Vassil

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,468 Views)
Hi,

Deploying applications dynamicaly will disrupt the real time functionality of the controller.
There is a possibility to manually copy VIs on the Real Time target using Max and browsing the device.
Although I do not suggest doing something like this.

Can you describe a bit what is the application architecture you are trying to build?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,420 Views)