FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a program to cFP while it is working with out stopping it

Hi,

I would like to deploying a program to cFP while it is working with out stopping it.

Is it possible?

I think there was a link on NI site telling that I can do that, but I can not find it now.

Could you help me.

Vassil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,614 Views)

Dear Vassil,

I suggest you take a look at this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/464F3407A6D48627862570FC0001CD35?OpenDocument

After having the cFP disconnected you are able to work on the VIs and then upload them.

Regards,

Marton Litkei

NI Hungary

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,596 Views)
You want to deploy an application to a cFP Real-Time target while it is currently running another application without stopping the running application?  The Real-Time Operating System was designed to run a single top-level application at a time, and running multiple applications would affect the determinism of execution.  What is your end goal with this application? 
-Hook 'Em
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,571 Views)

My idea is to deploy an application to a cFP Real-Time target while it is currently running another application without stopping the running application.

I think that I received a news letter from NI confirming that I can do that, but unfortunately I have lost that news letter.

Best regards,

Vassil

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,471 Views)
Hi,

Deploying applications dynamicaly will disrupt the real time functionality of the controller.
There is a possibility to manually copy VIs on the Real Time target using Max and browsing the device.
Although I do not suggest doing something like this.

Can you describe a bit what is the application architecture you are trying to build?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,423 Views)