FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I read the baud rate setting of a cFP-180x ?

Hello List, 

I'm not using RS232 from my cFP-180x interface, but I would like to be able to read the settings of the Baud Rate DIP switches in order to set some options in my software. 

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,202 Views)

Hi Mike,

Dan from Applications Engineering here. Do you mean that you'd like to read the settings of the dip switches within the Real-Time application running on the 180x or that you'd like the host to be able to see that information?

Thanks,

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,180 Views)

Dan,

First, I didn't know that there was a cFP-180x that had a CPU that would run a real time application.

Second, yes, I want to read the positions of those switches from an application running on a host PC connected by ethernet to the cFP-180x.  Since I'm not actually going to use the RS232 of the cFP-180x, it doesn't matter what they do to the port.

I want to use them as inputs to set options in the host program running on the P.C.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,176 Views)

Hi Mike,

Pardon the confusion. The cFP-180x controller is running its own Real-Time application, but that's not accessible to a developer and you can't deploy RT VI's onto the target to run.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to read the settings of the dip switches in the host computer. That's something you'll have to keep track of to ensure successful serial communication.

What's your end-goal? Just to be able to read that?

Thanks,

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,157 Views)