From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I read the baud rate setting of a cFP-180x ?

Hello List, 

I'm not using RS232 from my cFP-180x interface, but I would like to be able to read the settings of the Baud Rate DIP switches in order to set some options in my software. 

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,200 Views)

Hi Mike,

Dan from Applications Engineering here. Do you mean that you'd like to read the settings of the dip switches within the Real-Time application running on the 180x or that you'd like the host to be able to see that information?

Thanks,

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,178 Views)

Dan,

First, I didn't know that there was a cFP-180x that had a CPU that would run a real time application.

Second, yes, I want to read the positions of those switches from an application running on a host PC connected by ethernet to the cFP-180x.  Since I'm not actually going to use the RS232 of the cFP-180x, it doesn't matter what they do to the port.

I want to use them as inputs to set options in the host program running on the P.C.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,174 Views)

Hi Mike,

Pardon the confusion. The cFP-180x controller is running its own Real-Time application, but that's not accessible to a developer and you can't deploy RT VI's onto the target to run.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to read the settings of the dip switches in the host computer. That's something you'll have to keep track of to ensure successful serial communication.

What's your end-goal? Just to be able to read that?

Thanks,

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,155 Views)