From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All outputs on a new cFP-AO-210 module are reading 1.46V when "set" to 0V

All outputs on a new cFP-AO-210 module are reading 1.46V when they should be 0.  Send them a 1V command, they go to 2.46V.  Send a 4V command, they go to 3.99V.  Send a 5V command they go to 6.46V.  Almost like an intermittant 1.46V bias is getting applied to the outputs...

Replaced this (new) cFP-AO-210 module with another (used) cFP-AO-210 module and all outputs behave as expected.  So the problem seems to be specific to the new module.
Is this a bad module out of the box?  Other suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,108 Views)
Hi,

It sounds to me that it may be an RMA (return to manufacturer).  How are you measuring the voltage- is it through MAX or with a multimeter?  Have you tried different slots on your FP backplane?  I would highly suggest you create a serivce request for this device at ni.com/support and talk to a technical representative - that way, if it does turn into an RMA, you will have directions as to how to send it back for repair.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,089 Views)

Nadim,

I initiated a service request on Friday and have heard from Emilie K.  We will try some troubleshooting over the phone and see where that leads.

Just to throw this out: voltage measurements were taken with a DVM, and different slots on the backplane were tried, before the older AO module was dug up and tried.

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,071 Views)