FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4-20 mA pressure transmitter supply 5V, Instalation with Field Point cFP-CB-1

Hi
   I just instaled 4-20 mA pressure transmitter with cFP-CB-1 field point with 5V supply voltage but could get any thing on  measurement system. Can some body guide what is the basic instalation procedure for pressure transmitters. I preety much new in electronics bits. so need some basic understanding of instaling pressure transducers and trsmitters to field point.
best-
Message 1 of 12
(10,059 Views)
Which analog input module are you using?  What do you mean by 5V supply?  Do you have to provide it with a 5V supply?  Is it a loop powered transmitter or does it source the 4-20 mA loop itself?  Perhaps you can post a link to the transmitter you are using.  Between the manual for the transmitter and the manual for whichever fieldpoint module you are using, it should be possible to figure out the correct wiring scheme.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,049 Views)
Can we convert numbers in to colour shading in DIAdem 10.2.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(9,803 Views)

i am gona use pulse generator for automobile injector opening. can i increase and decrease the pulse width depending upon opening and closing time of injectro?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(9,802 Views)

Hi,

Firstly for the colour shading in DIAdem.  In DIAdem 11 there is a new feature that allows you to map sensor data onto a 3D CAD model and this then colours the model for you.  Information on this is here.  This is specific to LabVIEW but the same functionality has been added to DIAdem.  There is also a webcast about the new features in DIAdem 11 which mentions this.  Is this what you mean?  Otherwise try looking at an example in DIAdem called 3D axis system with a surface display and color legend.  I think this could be the sort of thing your after.

In terms of your PWM question the answer is probably.  Again search the LabVIEW example finder for PWM and there is an example there about setting up PWM.  Any more details would depend on your hardware set up so if you need any more help I will need a bit more information about your set up.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,772 Views)

I HAVE GOT SCB-68 AND SCXI-1303 MOCULES WITH ME AND WANT TO ACTIVATE AUTOMOBILE FUEL INJECTOR (12V). I DO HAD A LOOK ON "PWM". I COULD,NT FIND ANY THING LIKE PULSE WIDTH. CAN YOU EXPLAIN A BIT MORE BECAUSE I AM QUITE NEW TO LABVIEW AND NI. IT WILL BE GREAT IF YOU CAN JUST START FROM BASICS.

THANKS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(9,711 Views)

Hi,

PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation so this is what you require although that example includes quite a bit of code that is not relevant for you.

PWM uses a digital signal of a fixed frequency to drive something and the power is adjusted by adjusting the duty cycle which is the proportion of the time that the signal is high.  This is demonstrated in an example program in http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/294E67623752656686256DB800508989?OpenDocument.

LabVIEW contains functions for this using the counters on your cards which output the pulses on your digital lines. This uses counter pulse train generation.  You can then adjust the duty cycle of these pulses using a counter freq write DAQmx VI.  This tutorial http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2991 will hopefully get you started as well as using the LabVIEW help for these functions.

The biggest problem you are likely to face is the fact that you say your fuel injector requires a 12V signal. If this is the case then you face an issue as NI cards mostly work on a digital standard calld TTL which uses 0-5V signals.  You may not be able to use the counters and will have to write a program to use the analog lines to produce the signals.  If this is the case it is a bit more difficult but we shall see what we can do.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(9,678 Views)

Also the hardware details you have given me are just for the connector blocks.  Can you give me any information on what your actual DAQ card is that will be generating the pulses.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(9,675 Views)

Thanks a lot for help. 

We have got LABview 8.5 and we are also member of NI family. They did send us 8.6 version but we could not find  this "3D Sensor Mapping Express VI in the Functions Palette at Functions>>Graphics & Sound>>3D Picture Control>>Helpers>>Sensor Mapping". What might be the reson did they send us basic vesion instead of advance.

Do we need to upgrade, if yes then what will be procedure and how much it will cast.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(9,661 Views)

Hi,

You need the full development system for access to this.  The best thing to do would be to phone up National Instruments in your country and they will be able to tell you what version you are currently entitled to and any cost of upgrade.  You can find the contact details at ni.com and then click contact me in the top right corner and should give the details for your local branch.  If you are UK based it will be 01635 523545.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(9,658 Views)