Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation issues

For the last few days, I noticed problems with getting logged out for no apparent reason. For example, I compose an answer, but when I post it it fails. (No, I did not edit for hours ;)) Similarly, there were also cases where the browser indicates that I am not logged it, but I can still post.

Here's one way to reproduce the second issue.

1. Make sure I am logged in
  2. Click on the link in this post
  3. New pages shows, but I seem to be kicked out. (see image)
  4. If I blindly hit reply, I can still post just fine (see last reply).

Message Edited by altenbach on 02-11-2009 09:51 AM
Message 1 of 5
(6,103 Views)
I clicked on the link in that post, but I was not logged out. Could it be a browser issue? I'm using Firefox 3.0.5.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,095 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

I was having that issue last fall (I think late November,  or about 1 month after the last forum change).  I think I had posted a message concerning the logout.

There was also a big annoyance about 3 weeks ago where everything I typed would dissappear and bring me to a new (empty) reply page.  I then stayed away from the forum because I did not have time to put up with that and the fact that I was too busy..

Lately, replying to the forum seems stable.  Hope it says that way..  I switch between IE6.0 and Firefox. 

R

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,066 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

When you don't seem to be logged in but click the reply button, the forum looks for your ni.com profile cookie and logs you in if it exists.

As for being logged out when writing a message, I don't have many ideas.  Do you get a particular error message when this happens?  How often has this been happening?

Thanks,

Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,054 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

When you don't seem to be logged in but click the reply button, the forum looks for your ni.com profile cookie and logs you in if it exists.

OK, that solves that mystery.

Laura F. wrote:

As for being logged out when writing a message, I don't have many ideas.  Do you get a particular error message when this happens?  How often has this been happening?

It's a new problem, and it started early this week. There was no change on my end, AFAIK. The problem is still there. Any forum link kicks me out.

I am running IE8 RC1 (in compatibilty view), so that could be part of the problem. However, I have not had that issue earlier.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,049 Views)