Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Google Chrome

OK, I've tries Google chrome with the forum, and observed some issues. Since Chrome is in beta, they probably have some work to do, but maybe some minor tweaks in the forum code could also smooth things out. Maybe there are also some browser configurations that can help, I have not studied this.

• The "insert link" window does not work right. It is mostly blank.
  • The "insert image" window is incorrectly sized, cutting of the buttons at the bottom (can be resized manually, though).
  • It seems impossible to attach a VI, whenever I try, the submission of the post will fail later (tried twice). Other attachments (e.g. PNG) seem to work fine.

Otherweise, it looks like a great browser. Most other things seem to work fine. 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-04-2008 01:17 PM
Message 1 of 11
(9,939 Views)
Oh, it's available? I had read about this a few weeks ago but I saw no download for it. Will have to give it a spin.
Message 2 of 11
(9,931 Views)

A toonist like Altenbach will suerly have had a look also at it's comic! Smiley Wink

graziano

Message 3 of 11
(9,915 Views)

altenbach wrote:

OK, I've tries Google chrome with the forum, and observed some issues. Since Chrome is in beta, they probably have some work to do, but maybe some minor tweaks in the forum code could also smooth things out. Maybe there are also some browser configurations that can help, I have not studied this.

• The "insert image" window is incorrectly sized, cutting of the buttons at the bottom (can be resized manually, though).
  • It seems impossible to attach a VI, whenever I try, the submission of the post will fail later (tried twice). Other attachments (e.g. PNG) seem to work fine.

Otherweise, it looks like a great browser. Most other things seem to work fine. 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-04-2008 01:17 PM

Hi Christian,

Did you take a close look at the EULA for Chrome? Not that I have but I was wondering if it reads like the rest of Goolges services were everything a user enters into their stuff supposedly belongs to Google. This would bring up an interesting rights battle if you posted something truly extraordinary to the forums using Chrome in this sense. If everything posted to the NI forums is the property of NI but if it was posted using Chrome and therefore property of Goolge.... Smiley Mad

Who's property is it anyway?

I guess with time I'll hear about this on the news sooner or latter.  Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 11
(9,898 Views)

Ben wrote:

Did you take a close look at the EULA for Chrome? Not that I have but I was wondering if it reads like the rest of Goolges services were everything a user enters into their stuff supposedly belongs to Google. This would bring up an interesting rights battle if you posted something truly extraordinary to the forums using Chrome in this sense. If everything posted to the NI forums is the property of NI but if it was posted using Chrome and therefore property of Goolge.... Smiley Mad

No, they revised that. 🙂

(All your base are belong to us)

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-05-2008 08:50 AM
Message 5 of 11
(9,887 Views)

altenbach a écrit:

Hey !!!
Laura, this is the description of the problems I have with Safari on MacIntosh !
Means the problem is with Lithium, not with Google or Apple ?

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 6 of 11
(9,860 Views)

chilly charly wrote:

Laura, this is the description of the problems I have with Safari on MacIntosh !

Chrome seems to contain some safari. From the About box of chrome

Official Build 1798
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.29 Safari/525.13

I just upgraded to the above new release, and the problems are still there. 😞

Message 7 of 11
(9,856 Views)

altenbach a écrit:    Chrome seems to contain some safari. From the About box of chrome

Official Build 1798
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.29 Safari/525.13

Clearly,  since Chrome will rapidly become the most widely used navigator, Lithium should give some attention to Safari... 😄

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 8 of 11
(9,824 Views)

I just attached a .vi file with the Safari 4.0 beta.  It seemed to work.  Not sure whether this was a change Apple made or whether Lithium changed something.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,186 Views)

great! where can i get that?    

Message Edited by Support on 05-14-2009 10:04 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,859 Views)