Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam in private message

I have received a spam private message from a new user (you know, the usual message we normally receive via e-mail: you have a good profile get in contact with me write to me at xxxxxxx). The user appears to have posted anything in public boards.

I would notify this to moderators but private message boadd does not offer this option so I'm writing here. I can add the user name if needed, either here o in a private message to a person in charge of the matter. It would be interesting to know if other users have received spam PMs these days.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

You weren't the only one...http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Random-Posts-An-alternate-to-side-discussions/m-p/2849534#M25084

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,959 Views)

Ok, good to know. I wasn't reading that thread.

Deleted message and ignore sender.

Thanks

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(6,947 Views)

Well, I also got these kisses and forwarded the email to Hassan Atassi hoping he will care about 😉

Unfortunately, there is no forward button... (so I used 'reply' and changed the address). A 'report to moderator' button also would be useful here as already mentioned by Roberto.

Message 4 of 13
(6,939 Views)

Hi all,

I did receive your private message Wolfgang (thanks for that).  

We have received a few notifications about this, and right now it seems to be stemming from one user account that has been banned.  We will continue to try to stay on top of this, and if the problem becomes more systemic, look into taking further action.

Thanks,

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
Message 5 of 13
(6,931 Views)

I have received the same message twice now in the last two days from two users, Hadi111 and now HadiHadi.  The message is as follows: 

Hello,
I like your profile and I think you are a nice person. Can we get in contact? please you can write to me ( Ngonehadiza13@gmx.com ) not in this site because i am a new in this community and i don't visit this site often I am waiting for your answer.
Kisses,

Can we please have some more privacy features, such as banning private messages from new users who haven't posted anything in the forums?  I think some basic things like that would go a long way toward stopping this kind of spam.

Message 6 of 13
(6,907 Views)

I think the real fix for this would be back to gradiated privaledges (I know that has been mentioned before).  After 100 posts, you can use the PM.  After 10,000 posts, you can delete SPAM from the forum.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,901 Views)

I think this users found a backdoor in lithium protection and uses an automated bot. We need a PM rate control.

Lat time I PM'd two messages in succession, I actually got a captcha challenge.

I still don't quite get the business model of this spammer. Most likely it will end up as a confidence scam if you would reply. NI customers seem to smart for that, so what's the point? Maybe he's just collecting valid e-mail addresses of dimwits to be sold to spammers or scammers.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,894 Views)
I doubt whoever set up the message knows anything about NI. If you google the message, the same one with the same email address shows up all over the Internet.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,890 Views)

@stephencox wrote:
I doubt whoever set up the message knows anything about NI. If you google the message, the same one with the same email address shows up all over the Internet.

yup.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,884 Views)