FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview error 1026, please help?

Hello,

I have installed Labview 2012 and FTC Tool kit on a MacBook Air. Labview Launcehes fine, but when I want to create a new peogram, it gives me this erros window:

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 1.54.22 PM.png

Error 1026: VI Reference is invalid.

Source: Invoke Node in launch RPC.vi->create new robot.vi->NewProgram.vi-

And that is all I can do. I can not do anything else. I already erased Labview and installed it again, but no luck. Is there an uninstall exe, that I should try? Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,544 Views)

Hi. What is the operating system version?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,592 Views)

I am running OS 10.10 Yosemite

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,592 Views)

Do you have a VI at the path "<LabVIEW>/Targets/NI/NXT/NXTToolkit/Robot Control Center/handler.vi"?

You can try deleting the folder <LabVIEW>/Targets and re-running the installer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,592 Views)

Yes, I do have that VI: LabVIEW>/Targets/NI/NXT/NXTToolkit/Robot Control Center/handler.vi

Delete just the targets folder and reinstall LabView or the Tool Kit?

I think something is sticking in the preferences or in the system......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,592 Views)

Hi 9419,

I think the problem is probably originating from the user permissions on the machine you're using. Is it a shared machine, and is the current user an administrator on the machine?

I am not able to attach files here, so I created a forum post to attach an empty project: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/Empty-Robot-Project-for-users-who-are-on-Mac...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,592 Views)

Thank you very much for your help! I am an administrator on this machine. Is there something that I should do to have it work? I will try the file you sent me too... Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,592 Views)