From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV3 brick with LabVIEW

Hello all,

I have an EV3 brick and am trying to get an idea on how I can interface it in LabVIEW using the Wireless ? since I know until now the EV3 wireless is still not complatible in LabVIEW.

Please any suggestion or idea since I know that someone in our uni has used it with the wireless?

thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,245 Views)

Hi warda_ez,

Happy New Year and you should find this of interest http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and-EV3/m-p/2529...

For now you have to use the 'LEGO's EV3 Mindstorms' software to control the EV3.

Warning: When I installed some Mindstorm SW to mentor FLL teams, it adversely affected my LVLM installation I was using for FTC (so I uninstalled the Mindstorm sw, and reinstalled my FTC required software).

My students are really looking forward to the LabVIEW for EV3 !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,763 Views)

We are currently working on update the LabVIEW MINDSTORMS Module to add EV3 Support. The module should release in May.

-Hunter

Message 3 of 6
(6,763 Views)

Are you still developing ?

EV3 External Controller (TETRIX, MATRIX) Support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,763 Views)

I also need a TETRIX support for EV3 brick. Is there any hope?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,763 Views)

The LabVIEW Module for LEGO MIDNSTORMS includes TETRIX support for EV3.

Message 6 of 6
(6,763 Views)