FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing file in project creation

I loaded LabVIEW on a PC with Windows XP and tried to create a New FRC cRio Robot Project I got the error:

Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in FRC Create Project.vi->FRC Wizard - Robot.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

VI Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\2012 Robot Project\Dashboard Datatype.ctl

How do i create a new FRC Project?

I applied the 3 updates (FRC update, FRC utilies, and Dashboard updates) and there was 2 more automatic updates applied to LabVIEW 2011 and Realtime

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(13,201 Views)

Hey Joe,

Those are the correct steps for creating a robot project. It should work with just selecting Create Robot Project off of the getting started window. Are updates you installed the most recent ones (in other words are they downloaded or the ones that are included with the USB).

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,532 Views)

Kevin_F wrote:

Are updates you installed the most recent ones (in other words are they downloaded or the ones that are included with the USB).

FYI, the USB drive in the kit only contains base software like drivers and LabVIEW.  The updates are only available by download.  If the getting started window has a create robot project option, then the update has been installed.  It sounds like there was either an installation problem or it was installed in a peculiar place and a bug is preventing the wizard from working properly.  Did you install LabVIEW or the update in a non-default location?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,532 Views)

I install LabVIEW with all the defaults. i orignially installed with the USB key with LabVIEW 2011 only and added the update files that from the kickoff. When that didn't work, i downloaded the updates from ni.com/frc and tried to re-insall from those files. It still didn't work.

I looked at "C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\2012 Robot Project" and all there was in there was the .lvproj and .alias files.

Can I copy the other .vi's (Robotmain.vi et.al) into the project area?

Can you put out a complete basic robot project in a zip file i can grab and use?

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,532 Views)

Hey Joe,

If the files are available on disk you would be able to just add them to the project. This not working out of the box definitely sounds like an installation issue.

I attached a complete project zipped. Let me know if you are able to use this one.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,532 Views)

I tried to run the project and got a Warning sign on "RT Compact RIO Target" in the project window. with a an explination of:

The plugin for the selected item is not installed on your system or the plugin has an expired licence. Please contact NI.

I looked at the licence manager and I had a valid licence for the LabVIEW for FRC until 2013.

Earlier today I had remove all NI software from my laptop and re-installed (using the autorun.exe). I also installed the updates in the order they are supposed to be installed.

what could that be? What can I look at?

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,532 Views)

Did you disable your antivirus during installtion? I wonder if it is interfering.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,532 Views)

On my XP machine, I removed the LabVIEW real-time and re-installed and had the same problem with a Warning sign on "RT Compact RIO Target" and no cRio Robot code.

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,532 Views)

Hey Joe,

Are the issues you are having with the project on the same machine as we are having installation issues with LabVIEW Real Time?  If so I think that these issues are all probably just a result of real time not installing correctly.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,532 Views)

No, I am working with 2 computers. I'm trying to get over of them working so that the team can use it, if I get ether one working the team could use that one. One is my newer machine (64-bit intel i5 with windows 7) and the other is my older machine (32-bit, core duo, with windows XP).

Each of the problem thread in discussion are following separate machines. I just need one to work for the team.

This thread has been following the older XP machine.

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,532 Views)