FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Setup

Hello!

It is our first year in the FIRST robotics competition and we have been running into many issues, most importantly the cRIO setup.

So here is our error: We managed to find our cRIO in the cRIO Imaging Tool but when we tick format controller with the following image : FRC_2012_v43.zip and choosing LabView as our primary developping environnement, it connects and all but this error comes up : 10.xx.yy.2 This IP is unreachable. One of your internet device/adapter needs to have the same subnet mask as the cRIO (10.xx.yy.2). Our computer static IP is 10.xx.yy.6 and subnet mask 255.0.0.0.

This is very urgent and frustrating !!!

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,492 Views)

Hey Scarabot,

The first thing I would check is to make sure you only have one network card enabled when using the imaging tool.  Even if you just have a wireless card and a regular ethernet card you will want to disable the wireless one.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,075 Views)

OHHH so if I change my LAN connection , I must disable my wireless card by entering the network menu?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,075 Views)

You will want to disable your wireless card when using the cRIO imaging tool. You can enable it again after the cRIO is imaged even when you are deploying code to the cRIO.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,075 Views)

Hi Scarabot,

See page 16 of Getting Started with the 2012 FRC Control System pdf -- specifically Section "How to Configure Your CompactRIO", step #6:

"The Subnet mask text box defaults to 255.0.0.0. Change this value to 255.255.255.0"

Good luck,

Iggy

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,075 Views)

Thanks guys that helped. Any idea where we can get   frc_2011_v25.zip   the image for the cRIO?

We are newbie's and not sure where this anumal is.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,075 Views)

The LabVIEW image for the cRIO should install with the updates from the Web. The links to those are on the Software Installation Doc. I would think you would already have it if you have the imaging tool installed.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,075 Views)

Click and follow the three update instructions here -- performed after the base software install in a specific order. The latest zip file will show up as an option within the imaging tool.

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,075 Views)

Thanks Iggy, fingers crossed

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,075 Views)

Okay that got us the image for the LabView but still no Windriver image. Hmmmmm Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,075 Views)