From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windriver unable to make connection; PPC603 is not licensed

Solved!
Go to solution

This is my first year as a programming mentor so cRIO is new for me.  The team has a Windows 7 64-bit development machine and I've installed all of the software and 4 updates.  I figured out how to configure the network settings and have successfully used the 'imaging tool' (multiple times) to setup the C++ environment by formatting the controller (with FRC_2012_V43.zip).

When I try to create a new connection in Windriver, I get an error message "CPU: PPC603 is not licensed".

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,015 Views)

Not sure about this one but you may consider also posting your question on the first forum:http://forums.usfirst.org/forumdisplay.php?f=747 or ChiefDelphi as there are a lot more C++ users on those groups.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnettleton

In the remote system tab, the Remote Target properties, there is a "Processor selection.  You need to select the "MPC5200".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,745 Views)

Thanks. I don't remeber any mention of the CPU type in the video or 'C++ getting started' document (perhaps it should be added).

A team member found the solution on his own. He changed the CPU to MPC5200 and created a successful connection before I arrived at the meeting last night.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,745 Views)

It looks like it's at the bottom of page 6 of the C/C++ Getting Started Guide

Message 5 of 6
(3,745 Views)

The screenshot on page 7 shows "Processor: (default from target)". That could be why I missed it...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,745 Views)