FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Activation Failure on E12 Reimage in 2016

Reimaged a 2014 E12 Classmate per the Getting Started 2016 document. Windows 7 will not activate. Returned error code 0x8007007B. Error Description: Firmware, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,520 Views)

Hi gto70ski,

This article from Microsoft has some information on activating Windows when this error occurs.  I think Method 1 might be a good place to start, can you give it a try?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929826

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,369 Views)

RB,

I tried Method One, but the command appears to require five groups of 5 characters for the product key. The Classmate didn't have a product key label anywhere on the outside, so I used what showed up on the computer properties screen which didn't work. It was only 20 character total product key (00371-868-0000007-85864). So no improvement.

Thanks for the help!,

Fred S

Chattanooga, TN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,369 Views)

Hi gto70ski,

I reached out to FIRST, and they recommended you post to their forums at forums.usfirst.org .  Since they distribute the Windows image they're a bit better equipped to handle the activation issue. 

That said, when it comes time to install and activate LabVIEW please let us know if you have any questions, we're happy to help!

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,369 Views)