FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating RoboRIO firmware--device driver not installing

We have the roboRIO powered properly and connected to a PC via the proper USB type A male/USB type B male cable (this came with the kit so it's new). The laptop recognizes that something connects but the NI Device Monitor does not detect anything nor does the driver installation pop up as the "Driver Installation" instructions say it should in the "Updating your roboRIO" section. The laptop we're using is Windows 10. Is that compatible? Can I prompt the driver install manually and if so from where? I cannot seem to find any apparent connection.

Thanks in advance.

Jep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,925 Views)

Hi Jep,

There's a few troubleshooting steps you can try to start.  It's possible that the driver is already installed and working normally.  Can you ping the roboRIO at 172.22.11.2?  Or access it via the Web Interface (using Internet Explorer) at that same IP Address?  If so, you should be able to proceed with imaging the roboRIO normally.

If not, take a look in the Windows Device Manager.  If you see the roboRIO there (or possibly an unknown USB device) you can uninstall the existing driver and then search for changes.  This should reinstall the driver for the roboRIO.  When installed normally, you should see an entry for National Instruments USBLAN adapter (or something similar) in the Device Manager.

We also have a great tutorial for getting the roboRIO set up here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52593/en/

I hope this helps!

Kelly B.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,823 Views)