FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Exception Error While Trying to reinstall LabView

I am receiving a Unknown Exception Error when trying to reinstall the

LabView software. I have followed the steps on the support page and I am looking

to see if you can figure out why it is failing.

Attached are the files requested in the online support page for this

error.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,359 Views)

Hey Ayantes,

What are the steps you went through when installing/uninstalling/reinstalling software? What prompted you to reinstall LabVIEW? Are you installing everything from the FRC USB?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,256 Views)

I was working with the cRIO and adding code. Last night I started to receive an error that the Labview process was not running so I could reimage the device with netconsole added.

I decided that a full reinstall would be the best bet so I started the install as documented in the FIRST documents. When it starts to initialize the install of the first app. You get an "Unknown Error" and the app does not install. I have been installing from the FIRST USB, then I copied the contents to my laptop and tried the install with the same result.

Looking in the NI forums I found this same error and it seems to be an installation cache issue. I attached 2 files the one shows were the installation stops the other is a list of installation cache on the lap top.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,256 Views)

Hey Ayantes,

I would refer to this KB for the installer issue:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B90B9D667D5EAF2F862578FC006276AD

It looks like you should send those two log files to:2011InstallerSupport@ni.com

I am not entirely sure what you mean with the error that the LabVIEW Process was not running. When did you get this error? Do you happen to have a screenshot?  After you opted for the reinstall, did you uninstall all the LabVIEW FRC products, do a repair, or something else?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,256 Views)

Kevin,

I started with that KB and sent the information over. I received a Out of office message and did not expect someone to get back to me so I posted to the discussion group. I receive a message a little while ago and the installation is now working. Here is the gist of the response so if anyone else has the issue they understand what needs done:

The problem is caused by a corrupted Windows Installer Cache.  As you can see from the Cache check log, you had 126 missing NI MSIs.  I've created a custom package of MSIs for you that you can drop in and replace all missing NI MSIs.

As for the issue I was having last night I am guessing that my LabView installation became corrupted by some fault of mine in trying to get my C++ code From last years robot to actually show up on the new FRC II cRIO.

I appreciate your help and if you hear anything about C++ code not working on the New cRIO let me know.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,256 Views)