FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number for Installation of LABView 2018

Solved!
Go to solution

I require the serial number for the product (LabVIEW) in order to complete installations (on the "User Information" page). However, I am unsure as to where this serial number is. Where can I find the serial number? (Note: I do not have access to the taskbar, simply because the product has yet to be activated. Therefore, using the taskbar is not an option.) 

Message 1 of 24
(20,919 Views)

There is no LabVIEW 2018 (... there might be in the future if we look at the typical release history of LabVIEW versions).

What "task bar" are you talking about?

Typically you can install everything in evaluation mode and activate later after you have found the serial number. Where did you get the LabVIEW from?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(20,898 Views)

Hey Ik17,

NI Software for FRC 2018 is not available till kickoff.

However you can download NI Software for FRC 2017 and use your serial number from you Kit of Parts from last season, or run in evaluation mode (as  till you get your Kit of Parts for this season. This is detailed in the installation guide below.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robotics-Competition/FRC-2017-NI-Software-Setup-Guide/ta-p/3565941

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
Message 3 of 24
(20,888 Views)

FRC 2018 is using NI LabVIEW 2017

robo_Jeff has set up a "Download 2018 FRC Software" portal here, which contains download links for both the

1) NI LabVIEW 2017 Software (SN listed on original jump drive/DVD packaging, or evaluate SW as mentioned before)

2) and the 2018 FRC Update Suite (password to unlock installation is given at Kickoff)

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

Message 4 of 24
(20,883 Views)

I got LabVIEW from this site. It is the 2017 version. Where can I find the serial code for this version? I have tried to install the program in evaluation mode to no avail. 

@altenbach wrote:

There is no LabVIEW 2018 (... at least not yet if we look at the typical release history of LabVIEW versions).

Typically you can install everything in evaluation mode and activate later after you have found the serial number. Where did you get the LabVIEW from?

@altenbach wrote:

There is no LabVIEW 2018 (... at least not yet if we look at the typical release history of LabVIEW versions).

@altenbach wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(20,872 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lk17

Hi Ik17,

The serial number is only going to come in the Kit of Parts (KoP) for each year as mentioned in the link that I posted last. Here's a screen shot of the envelope that comes in the KoP where you find the S/N to activate.

Serial number 2016.png

JY
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(20,867 Views)

Team 5430 is having a problem. . When we try to activate the software it shows outlined in red, and is rejected. We are installing in evaluation mode and have extended the evaluation. We need a functional serial number.

Thank you

Jack Gillespie

Lead Mentor Team 5430

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(20,774 Views)

Hello Jack,

I would recommend you to get in contact with National Instruments if you're sure the Serial Number is the one received for the 2018 season, as well as that your software is the correct version (2017), and there's nothing blocking the NI products to connect to the activation server (firewall, admin priviledged, etc). Feel free to call 866-511-6285 from 1 - 7 PM CST, Mon-Fri.

I also encourage you to avoid posting your assigned Serial Number in these public forums, as each team has its own different code.

Good luck at the competition!

Message 8 of 24
(20,732 Views)

Hey guys,

How didi you solve it? I'm with the same problem, I'm from Brazil and called to NI Brazil and i'm waiting for their answer.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(20,684 Views)

Hey team5430,

Have you reached out to NI yet? I think that would be our best course of action since this is kinda of a corner case that would be best to be figured out on the phone.

JY
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(20,648 Views)