Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-time problem when deploying

Hello!

We managed to control our robot with the joystick plugged in the computer and communicate with the cRIO wirelessly. Now the problem is when I create a new project and I try to deploy it, A windwos pops up with Robotmain.vi and other vi saying > "Unable to resolve from current dialog". Furthermore, On the warning/error box just below, it says something along the lines of : "Real-time application will close all the vis if you decide to continue to deploy." This error bugs me a lot. I already have a robot code uploaded in the cRIO. May that be the cause ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,801 Views)

If I am reading it correctly you will get this for it jus warning you that there is code on the cRIO and if you continue it may overwrite thesse VI's . What happens if you click ok?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,391 Views)

I think they do overwrite each other but im still confused. The Real-time module will supposedly close them but not sure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,391 Views)

Hi RiceKernel,

The dialog you are seeing is expected behavior when you have code already running on the robot. It is just a warning letting you know there is currently code running on the cRIO. If you click OK it will simply overwrites the old code and run the new code you are trying to deploy.

The Robot code is basically a framework that you can use and add your own code to. If you create a new project with the robot code framework the cRIO sees it as a whole new set of code. Hopefully this clarifies why you are getting the warning but if not just let me know.

Cheers,

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments>

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,391 Views)

Thank you so much ! Clarifies everything ! So it's alright if I just click ok?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,391 Views)

Yes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,391 Views)