Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with connecting to cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Does this cause any differences in the controllers visibility in MAX? I would also make sure you have any firewalls on your machine turned off as they may block the IP address assigned to the cRIO after an IP Reset.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,879 Views)

All of the firewalls are turned off and I still can't see the cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,879 Views)

Can you comment on the results of these steps:

Some other things to try would be to disable or enable your wireless card or other NICs (whatever the opposite of what is now). Additionally I would try connected to the cRIO through a hub or switch instead of directly to your PC.

To clarify your current setup,

You can firewalls off, IP has been reset (status light is flashing), your computers ethernet NIC is set to dynamically acquire an IP Address from a DHCP server (in this case a link local address), and we still don't see anything in MAX under remote systems?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,879 Views)

Yes, and the wireless is disabled.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,879 Views)

I would prioritize hooking up a null modem cable (you can make one with just 3 wires:http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_null_modem.html) to see what the IP address of the cRIO is currently set to.  If you haven't tried running through a switch yet (even just using the bridge that comes with the KoP is fine) also give that a shot.

Kevin Fort
NI
Message 15 of 23
(1,879 Views)

We do not have access to a computer with a serial input, would I be able to use a female serial to usb cable?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,879 Views)

You should be able to go from the crio->null modem serial cable ->serial to usb converter.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,879 Views)

I found somthing that might fix this,    "NI Ethernet Configuration"  "This device uses DHCP and is configured to use the host name "GottaGo". However, the DHCP server assigned it the hostname "(<". Your device must be cofigured with a valid hostname to function properly"

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,879 Views)

Where are you seeing this message? Could you provide a screenshot?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,879 Views)

It's in the MAX screen "NI Ethernet Device Configuration" I changed it to a valid name and set the ip to 10.27.95.6 but I am unable to veiw the device in remote systems.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,879 Views)