FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Dashboard - no Variables tab

Hello,

We installed LabView on several laptops and all but one are working fine.

With one of our laptops we noticed the dashoboard application display has no Variables tab (Checklist being the last tab).

We assumed it was the default dashboard but in order to make sure no one had corrupted it by mistake, we tried to open a new dashboard project in LabView and surprised to see the same behaviour, Checklists being the last tab on no Variables displayed.

We since completely uninstalled any National Instruments application from our laptop and re-installed LabView and FRC Updates, unfortunately, we still lack the Variables tab on our dashboard.

Another abnormality with this laptop, when registering LabView it doesn't ask for my account details, yet registration is finalized, I wasn't bothered with this, but maybe it can point to the source of our dashboard problem.

Regards,

Sigal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,481 Views)

Hello Sigal,

Are you running the FRC Dashboard installed with the software for the 2016 season? The FRC Dashbaord is actually a LabVIEW application in disguise. You can find the files for the dashboard at the following file location:

C:\Users\username\Documents\LabVIEW Data\2016 Dashboard Project

You can open the LV project file in that location and run the main VI to launch the FRC Dashboard. Do you see the variables tab when you launch he dashboard in this way?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,990 Views)

I opened the file in that location, still no variables tab on the dashboard panel.

Oops, different team member logged in but it is still me

Sigal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,990 Views)

Hello Sigal,

There is no particular reason why the variables tab would disappear. Perhaps somebody accidently edited the Front Panel of the dashboard? I recommend either reinstalling the FRC software or replacing the dashboard files with those from another computer which displays the variables tab.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,990 Views)