From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cRIO is not working when I tried to change the image.

Hello. It this place this error and I can´t solve it.

Here´s the error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,455 Views)

Can you tell us what you have tried so far?

Look at this post

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/64263#64263

Also, Try setting the subnet mask on the computer you are using to 255.0.0.0 (IP address is 10.43.71.5)

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,422 Views)

Hello. This is the sequence of images that happens when I press the reset button. But when I press the reset button sends me directly to the error, in short, when I press the reset button sends me to the error and when it finally happens I press exactly what is shown in the images.

I tried changing the IP and the bottom to 255.0.0.0, but sends the same error.

Switching to 255.255.255.0 sends the same error.

Just tried changing the IP address of 10.43.71.6 and 10.43.72.5 to 10.43.71.7, but marks the same error.

Also from the beginning I close all open connections on the computer and just leave the wired connection ethernet cable, that's where I change the IP

Thank you.

formating.jpgformating device.jpgrebooting.jpgerror of cRIO again.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,422 Views)

What do you have your computer's IP address set to in the network and sharing center? (assuming you're using a Windows 7 computer)

You'll need to set the IP of your computer to something that allows communication to the cRIO. For instance. 10.43.71.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 for instance.

There is a good explination of the process on FIRST's website. Here's a link: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/3120/m/8559/l/89727-imaging-your-crio

You may also need to either take down your windows firewall (while you're not connected to the internet) or make some exceptions to it.

That process is described here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/0D7B86F4B4D19A5E86256F9A006EECB1

Let us know if that works!

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,423 Views)

Thank you but that was excactly that we do.

We try doing the same that you say, also changing the IP adress like other teams said.

We looked to technical support and they said that other teams have the same problem and NI said that they cannot help us because is like making cheat. (because other teams have the same problem).

Thank you very much to tried to help us, but it doesn't work. If you have another option, it will be awesome. Thank you very much.

Have a nice day and good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,423 Views)

Chucho4371 wrote:

We looked to technical support and they said that other teams have the same problem and NI said that they cannot help us because is like making cheat. (because other teams have the same problem).

I work for NI, I can assure you that this is not the case. We would be happy to help you troubleshoot and image your cRIO. It is in no way cheating. We don't want any teams struggling like this, keeping them from designing testing and building their robots during the build season. In fact we even offer phone support during the build season for teams to call into for help. 1(866)511-6285 from 1-7pm US Central Time (UTC - 6).  I'm not sure who you talked with, but they certainly don't represent NI as a whole.

As for what you've done, you're being very unclear as to the exact things you have tried, which is why I wound up giving you the same suggestion.

As far as I can tell now, you get an error telling you that the cRIO is in safe mode, then successfully reformat the cRIO, then get an error stating the cRIO is unreachable. Is that correct?

To troubleshoot the second error you have tried changing the IP address of your computer (not the cRIO) in windows to a few different IP address, but still the same results.

Is the cRIO directly connected to your computer with the network cable? or are you going through a router, or some sort of network?

Did you try turning off the windows firewall, or making exceptions to it, like I suggested in my last post?

What IP and subnet mask is your network adapter currently at? Do you have more than one adapter? (it sounds like you've disabled the wifi, but some computers also have two LAN connections)

Can you ping the cRIO from the windows command prompt?

Are any of the status lights on the cRIO flashing in a pattern?

Hopefully we can get you up and running soon!

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,423 Views)